Kalispell Car Accident Lawyer
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by the actions of another driver, you should be able to recover compensation for your losses. At Heenan & Cook, our team is here to help when you need a Kalispell car accident attorney by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex injury claims throughout Montana, and we will work diligently to recover compensation for your medical bills, property damage expenses, pain and suffering losses, and more.
Why Choose Us?
- At Heenan & Cook, our personal injury attorneys have an extensive track record of success helping personal injury and car accident victims throughout the state of Montana.
- Our team has recovered significant settlements and jury verdicts, and we are known throughout the state for how we support our clients throughout their cases.
- We handle Kalispell car accident claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients will not have to pay any legal fees until after we successfully recover compensation for their losses.
What are Common Causes of Car Accidents in Montana?
Unfortunately, car accidents in Kalispell, Montana, are not uncommon, and they happen in a wide variety of ways. Typically, we will find that most vehicle accidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of one or more drivers on the roadway. Some of the most common causes of accidents that we help clients obtain compensation for include:
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while distracted by a phone or another device
- Other distractions inside the vehicle, including people or pets
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to stop at stop signs or stoplights
- Driving too fast for conditions or above the speed limit
- Failing to use appropriate tires for snow or ice
- Failing to properly maintain vehicles (headlights, brakes, tail lights, turn signals, etc.)
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Montana?
Any person who wants to recover compensation after a car accident occurs needs to be aware of a few deadlines. First, most car accident claims in Kalispell are resolved through settlements with insurance carriers. Car accident insurance carriers in Montana typically require that the incident be reported within a day or two after it occurs. Failing to promptly report a car accident to an insurance carrier could result in the carrier delaying or denying the claim.
Additionally, car accident victims in Kalispell have three years from the date an accident occurs to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent driver, per the Montana personal injury statute of limitations. Failing to file a lawsuit against the other driver within this three-year timeframe will result in the case being dismissed by the court and the victim becoming unable to recover compensation for their losses.
Call a Kalispell Car Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a car accident caused by the negligence of another driver in Kalispell, the team at Heenan & Cook is here to help. We will not back down from aggressive insurance carriers, and our team will conduct a complete investigation into your claim. We know that you need coverage for your medical bills, property damage expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Kalispell car accident attorney, you can contact us by filling out our contact form or calling us at (866) 601-6135.