Heenan & Cook, PLLC, has built its repertoire of personal injury knowledge through more than four decades of experience in Montana. In this time, we’ve focused almost exclusively on personal injury law. This gives us the concentrated familiarity with these claims clients need for the strongest cases. We handle a wide range of personal injury case types, from workplace accidents to violent crimes. If you don’t see your accident type in the following list, contact us. We most likely represent your type of injury.
Personal Injury Cases We Represent in Billings, MT
- Auto accidents (including public transportation accidents). Montana reported 1,224 serious injury and fatal vehicle collisions the most recent year data is available. Auto accidents are one of the most common types of claims we handle at Heenan & Cook, PLLC. Common related injuries include broken bones, contusions, lacerations, burns, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Child injuries. We represent the parents and guardians of children who suffer personal injuries at school, daycare, on field trips, on playgrounds, and from defective toys and products. If a dangerous premises, unsafe children’s toy, negligent supervisor, swimming pool, animal, or other element injured your child, we encourage you to contact us for a consultation.
- Medical malpractice. We handle a variety of medical malpractice cases in Montana, including misdiagnoses, medication mistakes, surgical and anesthesia errors, birth injuries, and emergency room errors. We aren’t afraid to go up against doctors, hospitals, or major insurance companies on behalf of our clients.
- Nursing home abuse. Nursing home abuse can make it impossible for an elderly loved one to live a healthy, happy, and fulfilling life. Physical, mental, financial, and sexual elderly abuse sadly pervades nursing homes and assisted living facilities throughout Montana. Our lawyers can speak for those who can’t speak for themselves in these cases. We fight passionately against elder abuse and neglect.
- Premises liability (including dog bites). When a property owner negligently lets maintenance slip, it can lead to safety risks such as slip and fall hazards, unsafe staircases, uneven or cracked sidewalks, loose animals, or negligent security. After sustaining an injury of any kind on someone else’s property, contact us for a review.
- Product liability. Our lawyers have years of experience representing victims in product liability claims. We can tackle major manufacturing companies in the pursuit of fair compensation for injuries and deaths associated with defective or dangerous products. We don’t shy away from trials if we think they’re necessary for top results.
- Violent crimes. Did someone intentionally injure you or kill your loved one? Your civil rights after a violent crime enable you to fight for financial compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and/or wrongful death damages, even during an ongoing criminal trial.
- Workplace injuries. Transportation accidents, falls, electrocutions, struck-by objects, violence, and equipment malfunctions are all common workplace incidents. Don’t settle for a workers’ compensation claim if a personal injury lawsuit would garner higher recovery amounts. Discuss your case with us to learn the true value of your claim.
- Wrongful death. If you lost a family member in a recent personal injury accident, we may be able to help. A lawsuit could give your family the financial award you need to pay for medical bills, funeral costs, and the future. We’ve achieved outstanding results in past wrongful death cases, and may be able to do the same for your family
How is Negligence Determined in Billings, Montana?
Determining liability comes down to proving negligence. Negligence is a legal theory that refers to the failure to use reasonable care in doing something, resulting in another person’s injury or other damage. Negligence can take many shapes and forms, according to the situation. Anything that a reasonable and prudent person would or would not have done in a similar circumstance could constitute negligence in the state of Montana.
Common Examples of Negligence in Billings Personal Injury Accidents
- Distracted or dangerous driving. Distracted and negligent drivers cause thousands of serious personal injuries and deaths in Montana every year. It is every driver’s legal duty to reasonably prevent injuries to others on the roadway. Failure to do so, causing a car accident, is negligence. Common examples include drunk driving, drowsy driving, texting and driving, speeding, and ignoring the right-of-way.
- Lack of property maintenance. Premises liability claims arise when a landowner negligently cares for the property, resulting in hazards such as slip-and-fall risks, property defects, malfunctioning equipment, dangerous staircases, loose animals, exposed wires, toxic substances, and uncovered swimming pools. The owner will be liable if his/her negligence caused the accident in question.
- Medical negligence (malpractice). Medical malpractice describes the failure of a health care practitioner or facility to adhere to the accepted standards of patient care in the medical industry. Inadequate patient care, misdiagnoses, medication errors, surgical mistakes, birth injuries, and malfunctioning medical equipment are all examples of health risks that should not exist under reasonable circumstances.
If you’re not sure whether someone else’s negligence played an integral role in your or a loved one’s recent accident and injuries, consult with our attorneys to find out. We’ll listen to your side of the story, review your medical records, and learn as much as we can about your case. Then, we’ll help you determine the defendant(s) we believe are liable for your damages.
Next, we’ll file your personal injury claim against the negligent person or entity within Montana’s three-year statute of limitations. Your financial future could depend on the lawyer you choose as your representation.
Contact Our Billings Personal Injury Attorney Today
The key to obtaining the compensation you are legally entitled to is to enlist the aid of a Billings personal injury attorney who is well-versed in investigating the facts, gathering critical evidence and documenting losses, whether medical or property damage, and who will truly be a strong ally in your corner.
Our lawyers are passionate about helping victims of personal injury accidents in Billings. We know exactly how to assess these cases, gather evidence, and provide effective legal counsel. We may be able to help you obtain fair compensation for your damages. Let us help you get back on your feet after a personal injury disaster. Learn more about how we could help your family during a free consultation at our local law office.