About Our Firm
Heenan & Cook, PLLC, is a long-standing Billings-area law firm with attorneys who have handled complex personal injury and general litigation matters for decades. In that time, our attorneys and staff have developed a reputation for excellence in both settlement negotiations and in litigation — both of which demand an acute understanding of our clients and their personal experiences.
Injury Lawyers in Montana
We understand more than just personal injury law and the pursuit of compensation in court. We understand our clients’ medical and financial challenges as well as the issues that are unique to rural communities throughout Montana. Many of our clients come to us after injuries from defective machinery or tools in other labor-intensive workplaces, or after a motor vehicle accident that involves a large commercial truck.
We are dedicated accident and injury lawyers who provide experienced, dependable and reliable counsel in a wide range of legal matters. We will work with you to gather the facts and provide the legal analysis and strong advocacy you need.
Seasoned Attorneys that are Skilled in Negotiation
Our professionalism and success in injury matters has resulted in achieving both Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America status. We research and investigate each case as if it was going to trial so that we may confidently take matters to trial if we do not believe our client is being treated fairly in settlement negotiations.
As experienced litigators, John Heenan and Joe Cook do everything possible to ensure that you receive the assistance you need as our client.
Giving Back In Montana
We work here. We live here. We care about our community. Every day and in every way, the team at Heenan & Cook is committed to giving back to our Montana communities. Here are just some of the organizations we are proud to support and sponsor across Montana:
- Annual Toys for Tots Shopping Spree. Every year, Heenan & Cook works with the Marines to go on a shopping trip for needy Montana children to make sure everyone gets a present under the Christmas tree. Last year, we spent more than $10,000 filling up shopping carts, and then had the privilege to help parents find presents for their children before the holidays.
- Better Billings Foundation. Better Billings Foundation provide healthy activities, programs, services, and facilities directly benefiting the people of the greater Yellowstone Valley. (It is a great organization which you can support here.) Heenan & Cook paid $25,000 to sponsor and build a community basketball court in the Billings Heights. The court gets lots of use by children in the community, and has been a great addition to the community. As one person wrote, “My friend sent me a picture of the new Heenan and Cook sign for the basketball court at Oasis. It looks amazing! I’ve actually played a game or 2 of horse on that court and I have to say it’s soooo nice to see something so great in the community. I didn’t know you helped make that happen. I have seen so many kids enjoying it! Even hockey players on roller blades So Thank you!! It’s absolutely wonderful!”
- Family Services. Family Service serves the needs of the working poor in Billings and throughout Montana. (It is a great organization which you can support here.) John Heenan has served on the board of Family Services for many years. He spent over $300,000 to help Family Service move into its new, bigger building to serve more people in our community.
- Family Promise. Family Promise is a community of Billings faith-based congregations and volunteers who work together to help homeless families achieve and sustain independence. (Learn more and support here.) Heenan & Cook is a proud annual sponsor of Family Promise and its mission, and his given over $10,000 to help.
- YWCA Billings. YWCA Billings offer women and children safe shelter and affordable housing to break out of cycles of poverty and violence. (Learn more and support here.) Heenan & Cook is a proud supporter and sponsor of YWCA Billings.
- Montana 4-H. 4-H provide experiences where young people learn by doing. Kids complete hands-on projects in areas like health, science, agriculture and citizenship, in a positive environment where they receive guidance from adult mentors and are encouraged to take on proactive leadership roles. (Learn more and support here.) Growing up in a ranching family, Joe Cook is proud to grow the next generation of Montana farmers and ranchers by supporting the Montana 4-H program.
- Montana School for the Deaf and Blind. Located in Great Falls, Montana, the MSDB promotes and provides free and appropriate educational and social-emotional growth opportunities to all children who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, visually impaired, and deafblind in the state of Montana. (Learn more and support here.) Heenan & Cook is proud to support MSDB’s important mission.
- Montana Violent Crime Investigators Association. MVCIA was founded in 2007 by Law Enforcement Detectives and Officers from around the State of Montana who saw a need to provide quality affordable training and services throughout the State of Montana. (Learn more and support here.) Heenan & Cook is proud to support Montana’s law enforcement officers.
- Montana Rescue Mission. MRM serves the homeless in Billings and throughout Montana. (Learn more and support here.) Heenan & Cook is proud to support this organization and be a part of its growth in the near future.