Under Montana law, workers have a right to stay safe while on the job and receive compensation for their injuries if they suffer an accident. However, navigating Montana’s workers’ compensation system can be difficult to accomplish alone. To receive this compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and disability, choose Heenan & Cook, PLLC to represent you in your workers’ compensation claim.
If you have questions regarding you, or a loved one’s, workplace injury, contact our office today to schedule a free initial consultation and case evaluation.
Why Choose Heenan & Cook, PLLC?
If you need a lawyer for your workers’ compensation case in Billings, look no further than Heenan & Cook, PLLC. Our Billings personal injury attorneys have significant experience assisting employees with their workers’ compensation claims and subsequent lawsuit, if necessary. Our clients choose Heenan & Cook, PLLC for our extensive knowledge, proven success record, and affordable representation.
- Our attorneys have decades of combined experience in multiple areas of personal injury law, including workers’ compensation claims. We have developed strategies and know the processes necessary to successfully secure a claim on your behalf.
- Our firm operates on a contingency-fee basis, which provides maximum affordability to our clients. If we do not secure a settlement at the end of your workers’ compensation claim, you do not have to pay any legal fees. If we secure compensation for you, we will take a percentage of your settlement as payment – reducing your out-of-pocket costs.
- Our firm prioritizes open and honest communication with our clients from consultation to settlement. Unlike other attorneys, you will work closely with your lawyer and have the ability to ask any question about your case that may arise. We will always keep you up-to-date about the status of your case.
Workers’ Compensation Laws in Montana
In the state of Montana, all employers must carry some form of workers’ compensation insurance to cover employee injuries on the job. This insurance must cover medical expenses reasonably required to cure the injury, death benefits, and lost wages, also known as disability benefits. You can receive temporary total or partial disability benefits or permanent total or partial disability benefits. The insurance company will calculate your disability benefits based on your wages, your injuries, and your ability to work. You can also receive benefits to cover rehabilitation costs for severe, disabling injuries.
How can a Billings Attorney Help Your Workers’ Compensation Case?
Many Billings employees opt to handle their workers’ compensation claim without an attorney on their side because they believe that they do not need an attorney. However, hiring a lawyer can significantly improve your compensation case, facilitating the process and allowing you to obtain a claim with fewer hiccups.
- One of the most common reasons that workers’ compensation insurance would deny your claim is due to a lack of sufficient medical evidence. Sometimes, obtaining these records can be a challenge and you may be unsure what qualifies as sufficient evidence. Your attorney will have the resources and knowledge to gather your records and build a strong case on your behalf.
- You may have to enter into negotiations with your employers’ insurance company to reach a settlement. Your attorney will have the negotiation skills to navigate this process and ensure you do not receive a lower settlement than what you need to recover. Your attorney can help you calculate how much your claim is worth and argue for a higher settlement if necessary.
- In some workers’ compensation claims, you may not be able to reach a settlement with the insurance company. In these cases, you will need to enter a workers’ compensation hearing or trial in Montana civil court. Representing yourself in these cases can be difficult. Your attorney will have the knowledge and training necessary to ensure that the trial process goes smoothly and to craft a compelling case for your compensation.
Contact Our Billings Office Today
Do you need an attorney for your Billings workers’ compensation claim? Contact Heenan & Cook, PLLC today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your legal options.